Who are we?
disAbility Living Inc. was established in 1984 to provide long term community accommodation and lifestyle support for young adults with disabilities. Our services have grown over time to include short term accommodation respite, transition accommodation, in-home support and community based social inclusion programs for children and adults, together with a range of professional services provided by our specialist Developmental Educator Support team.
Today, our mission is to foster an inclusive community that supports people to make real choices about how they want their lives to be. We are committed to always putting people at the centre of everything we do, expanding horizons for our clients, our staff and our organisation in support of our vision - Choices for Living.
Who are we seeking?
disAbility Living are looking for passionate casual Support Workers to join our team in the Adelaide Hills region.
If you are able to support a 24/7 service and have experience in supporting people with disabilities through a person centred approach to reach their goals and believe in high quality service this could be the opportunity for you!
What will you bring?
- Experience in providing in-home/accommodation support to clients.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to establish rapport with our clients and their families.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management and maintenance.
- Commitment to providing a professional, safe and positive service to our clients.
- Certificate III in Individual Support.
- Hold a current First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- Current Manual Handling and Medication Administration Certificate.
- Current Full SA Driving licence and willingness to transport clients.
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to join a leading not-for-profit, family friendly, supportive and close-knit working environment driven by strong values. For more information and to see the Job description please visit our web site at http://www.disabilityliving.org.au/careers.
Employment is dependent on obtaining a DHS Disability Services Employment Screening Clearance and Working with Children Check (WWCC). You must have the right to work in Australia.